As senior year ends, the Class of 2016 will slowly part ways. Many of us will be attending colleges in different cities across the nation and leaving the only home we’ve ever known. Though Miami will always be in our hearts, we will sadly begin call other states our homes. As if to make matters worse, here are a few things that ONLY Miami has to offer:
- Spanglish is a language that does not exist outside of Miami; enjoy it while you can.
- There is no Publix or Vicky Bakery once you leave South Florida, say goodbye to those pastelitos, croqueticas, and made-to-other subs.
- La Vacita a/k/a The Little Cow a/k/a Farm Stores – no late drive-thru for you.
- The humidity only exists in Florida (not completely accurate, but you know what I mean) – your hair will never be the same, although for some people, this is a blessing.
- Fellow Miamians kiss to say hello and goodbye, several times a day – get to know people before you do this.
- The beaches of South Florida are incredible – you’ll miss them.
- Talking in movie theaters only happens in Miami – for real!
- People are punctual outside of Miami – 5:30 p.m. actually means 5:30 p.m.; no “cuban” time accepted, no grand entrance.
Though we are leaving and commencing another chapter in own lives, Miami will always be our start and we will always be true Miamians. Miami tends to have a polarizing impact on people: you know it’s a city that’s magical and weird and magically weird. But no matter where you end up, remember where you came from!